erosion

 there is a column of sandstone on which the foamed waves beat

i erect a house a shack a hideaway behind the column and i live in it

every day the waves beat against the column and the layers reveal themselves

i watch the strata manifest and i wonder if i'm safe

because there's only so long before i have to reveal my self to the relentless sea

inevitability draws on me dawns on me and i realize a crisis 

how long socially acceptable already they're asking me where the sand should move

i wrack my brain but my battered shack is already cringing apart

nails popping out rivets dislodging and the base shifting like undulating worms upon sand

i had a plan i had tabs open like doorways to parallel dimensions where i'm capable

but in the end i slink to my seawreathed shack

behind the sandstone column 

with its belly carved out yielding to the looming constancy of endless ocean.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sfumato or the Mosaic

Pathos

attainment