February Poetry Diary Entries

I am walking a chess board sidewalk
Pawn to e4, I am the King's 
A dance of checkered squares
Black and White and then back again

I am alone but I am not lonely
Sitting alone at a distant table
I watch them fondly
Because I know that I hold their strings

I am a silver tongued siren
Everything I say comes out right
But once the light falls on my lips
It's as black as coal

The sheets are soot and ashes
The fire wreathes around me
I am no phoenix
So I crumple to the earth like paper

The under earth is troubled
I sense its distress like a needle
The waters will soon rise and fall
And the above will be swamped with the grit of rock

Take a seed and plant it
In the ocean floor bed
Watch it blossom into a empress
And devour the sea in a gulp

My wavelength is a dominant one
I do not have to worry or fret
But whenever hers rings just a decibel higher
I grit my teeth and endure it

I sit at my florescent desk
And the growing rectangles are black and white
Silence answers my pleas and questions
And all I do is cry in the black reflection

I see contradictions in my every action
I am a falsehood personified
The truth spills from my mouth and I say it
But I tell them falsely

I hear them talking and I wonder
Of the bubbles in the glass
If I bang my fist
Will they burst and wipe away my existence?

They are somewhere and I am here
I am doing nothing but what I am doing
If I am not there then what am I doing
Just waiting for a knife and a wire

Let it be known that I am a coward
A person who hides behind the facade of smiles
Her eyes gleaming and dancing
In a sheer sheen of unshed tears

What right can I use to call mine
What truly belongs to me and what doesn't
What is mine and what is hers
Is he mine or is he hers?

I am a naive child dancing among the scientists
Playing with molecular structures and I intertwine
My finger among the ionic bonds
And I do not understand what I am playing with

Blood on a red suit is barely noticeable
And no one can tell until they are up close
How can I tell where and how heavily he is bleeding
If I am never close enough to see?

What is a beginning without an end
What is an end without a beginning?
Our lives move on like a serpent's body
Undulating onwards until it disappears

The young grow old like the old grow young
We fill in the steps left for us like Giants
But are we really trying to leave a legacy
If there is nothing to leave behind?

As the end draws near I feel the branches sag
Singing their eternal song of growth
I listen to the music in the wooden vessel
And I wonder where the time has gone

Is the epilogue really the end to the writ?
How do I know when to stop?
I suppose I'll just keep flipping the pages
Until I cut my finger and the wound bleeds.

The rain is drawing her nails down the glass again
Leaving gouge marks of water
I hear her footsteps on my roof
And I thank her for her hospitality.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sfumato or the Mosaic

Pathos

attainment