Could Be

We sit in the empty amphitheatre
The sky grumbling above us
You have on that thoughtful smile
The kind that makes your forehead crinkle

You told me you had something on your mind
Something quite pressing, quite pressing indeed
And I wait, waiting as the sky seethes above
Anticipation building like a wave of froth

You told me of a ring and a silky white dress
A calico cat purring by a puddle of gold
And part of me begins to bleed
As you cough again, bending like a blade in the wind

They say we are material beings
Fickle to the passing of the seasons
I cannot think of anything else
Watching you wane as the trees turnblack

It's such a small room, so bare and white
Window speckled with frost
Coughing smiling sleeping writhing
You live the cycle you always wrote about

I hold you as you fall asleep
Into the dreamless sleep of dreams
I weep over the you of yesterday
In a silky white dress, a ring of gold
And a calico cat sleeping by a puddle of silver.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sfumato or the Mosaic

Pathos

attainment