rim lit

i am in denial of my existence

oh that is not to say that i am unaware of my body

i am very aware
of my body

i am aware of how the light lines my silhouette
in colors of red and orange

and how i fade into the darkness like a softly drawn tear

halos that alight on my head
washing downwards in a flood of buzzing wings

i am frozen

i refuse to acknowledge the light

can i refuse a shadow
can i refuse a light

the curse of a chiaroscuro existence

forever shadowed
forever lit

never to come out full into the light
or to retreat wholly into the blackness

and so i clutch my arms
and i don't look at myself

i just look forward
to where the shadows and the light
meld like a song

that sounds like
acceptance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sfumato or the Mosaic

Pathos

attainment