black lace, white eyes

her arms drew forth the curtain, ivory skin against silken drapes

the fragrance of her laugh drifted from inside, all i see is candlelight

heels clacked against marbled floors, a thin whisper of smoke

the knotted hems, the plunging chains of gold, all melted like graves

i followed, confused, intrigued, entranced; her statuette leaned over to embrace me

 

a thin rapier hung from the wall. his portrait, forbidding, fearsome, glowered at me

the fireplace cracked, the broken wood screamed, all was unsettling

the silken ropes twined about my neck and wrists and ankles hummed like saints

the blackened lace underneath my blunted fingernails scratched

and then i sank into the carpet, swirled, dizzied, blinded by the splashes of ringing laughter

 

i never did wake, i do not think

for even now her fingers, delicate bone, cinch around my jaw

stroking, prodding, caressing, grounding

the whisper of her necklace trails between my breasts as she leans in, purring

I clutch the coverlets, powerless, as she smiles and bites my bonds free.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sfumato or the Mosaic

Pathos

attainment