Contrast

To Wait for Love


I am a star, a silver pinprick of light

Buried in the murky depths of heaven's ceiling
Do not be my city lights and let me shine
Clear and without hindrance

I want to draw my own horizon
With another star as bright as me
Don't erase my light of virgin hope
And leave me a gaping black maw

Let me make a constellation
With my loved one in the annals of time
Let me blaze out in splendor
Not alone but side by side

If all it takes is time, then I shall wait, for anticipation will make it taste all the more sweeter.

O.O
Not To Wait

Dare I dream of impossibilities
To hold fire in my hands
My heart sings to me but it's a siren's call
I want to leap into an abyss
And fly

Tentative wings on my back
But will I just be another Icarus
And do I dare to hope
Of things that shouldn't even be for me

I dare to fling my arms forward
Reaching for something that isn't mine
The fire will brand my heart
And the abyss will tear my legs apart
And I will plummet from the heavens
Eyes blown wide with agony

But will I be giddily delighted
A wild and untamed being
Fierce joy unfurling in me?

For is it worth it to dare
To follow the siren's call
And though my wings have gone
Will I regret
Feeling what it was like for a moment
To fly?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sfumato or the Mosaic

Pathos

attainment