April Poetry Diary Entries

I am the person riding the shadows
No one sees me at first
But once the sun dial hits the ground
Only then will they know
That time is insane and I live

If eyes are nitroglycerin and hearts are clocks
Then this world is a chittering pipe bomb
Electronic ticking in my bloodstream
Marble fingers dancing over my jugular

They say the sea only uncombs her hair at night
Rippling over the undercurrent
Shells and mollusks like gems in her lavish curls
Spilling on to the golden skin of the beach

You can learn a lot from diary entries
By the scribbles on the paper
Ink for the confident and lead for the confused
And doodles for the abstract

Dust, dust, so much dust
On my fingers and tabletop
Why are specks of matter everywhere
Specks of obscurity or substance?

Old faces are worse than old memories
For there are 43 muscles in the face
That could make either ten thousand smiles
Or tell ten thousand lies

Play me a memory on white and black blocks
Of when you still sang to my eyes
When our song was nothing but a sweet note
Written to these red birds in our hearts

Misty veils and thinly concealed blue sapphires
I see the duel between their gazes
He's brimming with a boyish vibrating glee
And she's beaming like a lamp in the dark

When every day is a drop of sand in the glass
I try to catch them in my hands, but it's futile
What will happen if my fingers were webbed
And the sand were stones?

My dusk falls onto my eyes and I squint in the glow
The sun is already setting on another chapter of my book
So I take my pockets full of color and my heart full of water
And I begin to migrate my way back home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sfumato or the Mosaic

Pathos

attainment