March Poetry Diary Entries

I am a million miles away from you
And so I watch the moon at the dead of night
Hoping that somehow, somewhere
You could be watching her face too

There is something to be said about a name
A word to make a person
People have words, words have people
People make words and words make people

Bated breath bodes beautifully for brethren
We wait in anticipation for each kin
A hummingbird in my chest
Beating its veiny wings of crimson

Butterfly heartbeats in a living cage
We walk the rope bridge over the canyon
Sometimes he moves slowly, other times fast
And I'm not sure if I want to keep up with him

The ice fish are swimming in the sky
Lighting up your face like moonlight on water
Your eyes are wide and bright with amazement
And then you suddenly became a thief

If your hands are nitroglycerin
Then I am burning alive in your touch
Your eyes are slitted red rubies
And your wicked grin is frightening but not terrifying

The sun makes parchment into rich golden skin
And I see the light in your eyes blaze like lanterns
The smile is even brighter than the light
From the sun-touched skin of your arm

I walk a path riddled with faces
Watching me as I step around them
Their eyes follow and track my uncertain footsteps
A thousand eyes on the small of my back

The path less traveled on is the unpaved one
Gravel crunches underfoot
For only will they pave this path
If it was one of frequent use

Maybe if one dreams hard enough
And everywhere is an utopian paradise
Then everything will be once upon a time
And happily ever after.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sfumato or the Mosaic

Pathos

attainment