Too Many Thoughts

I've had a thousand fantasies and only a single life
I can count on one hand how many times I've done it
And yet I feel uninhibited, drunk on something that's not alcohol
Can I grip onto your shirt for purchase, or will you be offended?

It's not like me, I have to admit
But it is something new, an adventure if you might call it
I would like to stay on the ride, please
If you don't mind, please, let me stay on for a little longer

The air whips past my face, snapping my hair into my cheeks
My knuckles can't be whiter, my blood any redder
I wonder if I open my mouth
Will my entire head swell up like a balloon and blow up?

In another universe, I took a steady step forwards and died on the spot
No one heard the great tree crashing down on top
I wonder if people even knew when they buried my body
That I had been rotting away on the inside for a while now

The present always beckons, ever persistent like a clock
No one waits for you, you have to wait for them
The tide always has to obey the call of the moon
You can't hold seawater in your hands, and neither can the moon

Control is a strange word
Is my life a great trap, waiting to snap on me?
I suppose if I lived a life in a scissor shape
Maybe the world would eat me first.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sfumato or the Mosaic

Pathos

attainment