Ripped and Torn

There's a cavity in your chest
My hands clutched around a seething mass
We're dripping to the floor
Oozing between the forgotten cracks

I see salt on your cheeks
There's some on mine
You want to reach for the gold in my heart
But I shrink and shift away

For once we're all amnesiacs
Pretending to forget about that clouded day
We dance on naked blades
And joke about our blood-stained feet

It's a bass line, a sort of rock n' roll
We only hear the drums and the blaring guitar
No one speaks about the subtle ache
The plea in the deep strumming in our heads

They say to salvage what was once torn
I can't grab enough threads to work with
All my fingers are pointed needles
Perhaps if you look at me I can look back

For now there's a tentative alliance
The world is too big of an threat to ignore
The enemy of my enemy is my friend
But I guess for now that's all we are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sfumato or the Mosaic

Pathos

attainment